The best web marketing articles of 2011…that appeared on our website.
Which is still pretty good. Because you know, we don’t just publish any old crap.
Here’s the last 12 months of articles that appeared in your inboxes if you’re a subscriber to the flyte log, our award winning web marketing email newsletter.
- Six Ways to Improve Your Digital Marketing in 2012 – Tips and advice for what you need to do to grow your business in 2012.
- How to Set Up Your Google+ Small Business Page – Google+ is now open for your business. Learn how to get your G+ business page up and running in no time flat. Includes a how-to video to walk you through each step.
- 68 Expert Tips to Create a Website That Builds Your Business – Set aside some time to go through these amazing tips from our creative director on web design and our two brilliant web marketers on your online marketing needs.
- B2B Marketing in a Social Media World – If you think there’s no place for your B2B (business to business) company at the social media table, think again. Here are some specific tactics to build your B2B business.
- Google+: How to Get Started On Google Plus – 2011 was a big year for social media, and no news was bigger than Google taking on Facebook with their own social networking platform, Google+. Learn how to get started and take advantage of some of the coolest networking tools possible.
- What Is Facebook EdgeRank and Why Is It Critical To Your Business? – Getting a business page on Facebook is just the first step. You have to understand EdgeRank, Facebook’s algorithm, to show up in your customers’ newsfeeds and engage with them.
- Top 5 Blogging Tips: Expert Advice for Your Blog – Blogging continues to be a critical tool for improving your search engine optimization AND your social media optimization. Here are five expert tips to improve your blogging.
- SEO Blog Tips: Turn Emails into Search Engine Visibility – You’ll never say “I don’t know what to blog about!” ever again. Or at least, you’ll have less of an excuse after you learn this simple trick that will give you great ideas for content creation.
- List Building: How to Build a List of Contacts From Your Website – As fun and shiny as social media is, nothing beats the power of an opt-in email list. Here are some tips on how to build your own list from your website.
- How to Measure Email and Ad Campaigns in Google Analytics – Google Analytics is an incredibly powerful tool for measurement, but somethings are tougher to measure. If you’re running banner ads or email campaigns, here’s how you can determine if they’re paying off.
- QR Code Marketing for Small Business – One of our most popular articles all year! Learn how your small business can put QR codes to work for marketing and communications.
- Web Marketing for Service Professionals – A lot of service professionals aren’t comfortable marketing their services, and still others aren’t comfortable with the world of online marketing. Fear no more! This article will help you get your service based business up and running.
Well, that’s that!
Have you signed up for the flyte log email newsletter yet? When you do, you get the following articles only available to subscribers:
- 10 Questions to Ask Before Setting Up a Website
- The 11 Biggest Mistakes Small Business Bloggers Make
- 10 Questions to Ask Before Setting Up a Facebook Business Page
- The 11 Commandments of Writing Web Copy for the Non-Copywriter
May 2012 be your most prosperous year yet!
Filed under: Uncategorized
About The Author: Rich Brooks is president of flyte new media, Web site design and Internet marketing company in Portland, Maine. Flyte works with small businesses to build professional Web sites that often include e-commerce, Flash and content management systems. They promote their clients' sites through search engine optimization, e-mail marketing, business blogs and podcasts, and viral marketing.